The SMALL TRADES JOURNAL contains articles written for do-it-yourself investors. Please scroll down to read the latest postings. Here are tips for navigating the articles:
- The CONTENTS page provides links to topics in alphabetic order.
- OR type a keyword into –SEARCH THIS BLOG– located on the side bar.
- The GLOSSARY contains definitions of many investment terms.
- The DISCLAIMER emphasizes that I am not a professional adviser/investor.
Here are links to lead postings:
- ‘Indexing’ makes common sense for do-it-yourself investing.
- Index ETFs offer structural advantages when carefully appraised
- The SmallTrades ETF Portfolio is actively rebalanced
- Young people have the advantage of time in building wealth
Distinction: The focus of this blog is on accumulating wealth by actively investing in equities. Strategies of leverage and derivatives-trading are not advised for individual investors and therefore seldom discussed. On the important topic of savings withdrawal, I must refer you to free content provided by an excellent blog entitled investingforaliving.wordpress.com. That same blog also shines in its discussion of investing for cash distributions. Although I enjoy reading good articles on retirement published by aaii.com, this blog avoids a focused discussion of planning for retirement.
Advocacy: EVERY YOUNG PERSON SHOULD BEGIN TO INVEST FOR RETIREMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN INVESTMENT ADVISER.